Friday, May 15, 2009

The First Post: Explaining the Title

So, as I begin my journey this summer I feel it best to relate my reasons for calling this blog "The scales fell from my eyes..." and also to let you know how everything is going so far.

As to the name, in the past few months I have had my eyes opened to a whole new world of people and what I consider a better look at the Kingdom.  This all started about three months ago when, as Jacob McGuire, Audra Mann, and I were prayer walking around campus, I received what I consider to be a vision.  I saw Jesus face (or more accurately that face that I had always imagined as Jesus which bares little resemblance to the true face of Christ, but interestingly to me, it is the image of the Shroud of Turin).  As the vision continued, I heard God say, "Let those who have eyes to see, see."  And all faded, but his eyes.  Now, I realize that this dictum is a diminution of the refrain of Jesus in the gospels, "Let those who have ears to hear, hear", but I cannot discount that God began to open my eyes wide to another world from that day.  And I believe that this journey will be a tool for the further opening of my eyes. Thus, using another biblical allusion (to Paul's Damascus experience) I call this blog "The scales fell from my eyes..."

More on the major bumps in the road later...

3 comments:

  1. Yay!!!!! You've almost left...t-minus 9 hours and counting. ;-) I'm sorry. I am going to miss you alot. I'm just SO excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pretty sure your on your 12hr flight. I will be praying for you. As for me, I am in Dallas already at Project Transformation. So far its been really good and I am meeting site coorinators and house pastors. Miss you John!!<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me just say that that gave me chills. That is amazing.

    ReplyDelete